wonderful ren

more than you ever wanted to know
home | archives | contact
about | wishlist | old blog
gallery


Tuesday, March 04, 2003

I present to you the moment I realized my relationship with star wars as I knew it was over:

ANAKIN : Master, sir...I've been wondering...what are midi-chlorians?
QUI-GON : Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within all living cells and communicates with the Force.
ANAKIN : They live inside of me?
QUI-GON : In your cells. We are symbionts with the midi-chlorians.
ANAKIN : Symbionts?
QUI-GON : Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force.
ANAKIN : They do??
QUI-GON : When you learn to quiet your mind, you will hear them speaking to you.
ANAKIN : I don't understand.
QUI-GON : With time and training, Annie...you will.

I can still clearly remember the feel of the horror in hearing that for the first time... actually, I migh have had that realization earlier but this one just sticks out in my mind right now.

maybe I'll feel better if I shizzolate it:

ANAKIN : Master, sir." ..I've been wondering, know what I'm sayin'? ..what are midi-chlorians?
QUI-GON : Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within izzall living cells 'n communicates wit da Force."
ANAKIN : They live inside of me?
QUI-GON : In yo' cells n' shit. We are symbionts wit da midi-chlorians."
ANAKIN : Symbionts?
QUI-GON : Life forms living together fo' mutual advantage, know what I'm sayin'? Without da midi-chlorians, life could not exist, 'n we would has no knowledge of da Force, know what I'm sayin'? They
continually speak yo' ass, telling yo' ass da will of da Force, know what I'm sayin'?
ANAKIN : They do??
QUI-GON : When yo' ass learn quiet yo' mind, yo' ass will hear 'em
speaking yo' ass."
ANAKIN : I don't understand."
QUI-GON : With time 'n training, Annie n' shit. ..yo' ass will n' shit.

ahhh.... takes out the bitterness a wee bit, fo sho
I also would have felt better if Mace Windu had said, "May the force be with you...muthafucka" and "You're referring to the prophesy of the one who will bring balance to the Force...you believe it's this boy, muthafucka?"
posted by Ren @ 2:24:00 AM |



Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Blogcritics Blogcritics