wonderful ren

more than you ever wanted to know
home | archives | contact
about | wishlist | old blog
gallery


Thursday, October 17, 2002

Igby Fucking Slocumb

wow, yesterday totally rocked. the Nor’easter went away just in time for us to dance outside in the cold for an hour before the doors to fez opened. so this time Monica came along with us to see Stella and the show absolutely rocked last week’s. Michael Ian Black deigned to show up but he really added to the dynamic of the group. we all really liked Demetri Martin and Jim Gaffigan. and the weirdest thing – Kieran Culkin and Colin Hanks sat at out table! so in between bits, I kept thinking, Igby is at our table. Igby fucking Slocumb is sitting at our table. either that or it was another Culkin kid. who can tell. but it was just kind of surreal because I was just telling Monica and Eugene that day how Igby was the best movie I’d seen this year (ok, I haven’t seen many movies this year but still) and how the Culkin did an amazing job, etc… (damnit, I should have taken him home with me. I had my chance and I blew it! no extra cash on the side for me now. note - must learn how to clone them.) the Hanks kid was a chain smoker, practically lighting up the next cig with his last, luckily the smoke didn’t waft into my face so I didn't have to light him up and have his parents come after me. do Tom and Rita know about your little habit? Hmm? afterwards, we stuck around long enough so that Michael Ian Black brushed against me to get out of the lounge and Greg had a chance to pinch Michael Showalter’s ass but didn’t (actually so did I but I couldn’t bring myself to do it – didn’t have enough alcohol in me). next we walked around to the Elbow Room where Janie Superstar was playing but we missed them, by several bands. we felt kind of bad but we did get in free and watched the last half of the headliner’s set – Birthday. so many things to say about Birthday but I will just stick with the obvious. do not name your band Birthday. poor, poor idea.

posted by Ren @ 1:19:00 PM |



Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Blogcritics Blogcritics